Brazil is the biggest nation in South America and Latin America. It has many beautiful cities that every has its personal charms and uniqueness. Two of the favored cities folks go to are Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro. Right here’s a information on how one can journey from Sao Paulo to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, by bus, and vice versa.
Sao Paulo is probably the most populous metropolis within the Americas and the wealthiest in Brazil. Apart from beautiful buildings and parks, you may get pleasure from scrumptious meals and festive occasions. Rio de Janeiro is the second-most populous metropolis in Brazil. With beautiful seashores and lots of cultural spots, it’s probably the most visited in South America. If you’re in Brazil, you need to cease in these two cities in case you are right here for every week!
Varieties of Bus in Brazil
There are lots of forms of buses in Brazil, and you’ll select relying on which you’re feeling is extra comfy. Alternatives are often in Portuguese, so I hope this might enable you.
- Convencional – it’s a bus with an odd seat, some could have a reclining characteristic. It’s the most cost effective of all of the bus varieties and good for short-distance journeys.
- Executivo – Government Kind Bus. It’s air-conditioned with comfy reclined seats. There could also be loos, and a few corporations could supply free water.
- Semi-Leito – Semi-Mattress bus and could be reclined virtually absolutely It’s air-conditioned and with loos. There could also be additional providers like free blankets, pillows, and a fridge to your journeys.
- Leito Cama – First Class or Sleeper Bus is the costliest however most comfy out of all buses. It’s best for lengthy journeys. Seats are extra spacious and could be absolutely reclined, and you’ll really feel virtually at residence.
Please additionally be aware that there is perhaps some variations in courses for every bus sort. Like there are solely four varieties for AguiaBranca however 5 varieties for Catarinense (with Leito – chairs reclines as much as 150 levels then Cama with chairs reclining as much as 180 levels)
Sao Paulo to Rio de Janeiro by Direct Bus
Many bus corporations are catering to journey from Sao Paulo to Rio de Janeiro. In Sao Paulo, the bus is at Tiete or Barra Funda Bus Terminal. Listed below are just a few corporations working direct buses:
- The bus terminal is at Tiete
- Journey Time is 6 hours and 30 minutes
- Convecional Bus Tickets prices BRL 69 and for Leito Cama it may possibly value about BRL 189
- Free Cancellation (please learn the phrases)
- Tickets could be bought on-line
- Chances are you’ll want an ID to board
- There are routes as early as 6:00 AM to late 2:00 AM, in each hour or two hours
- The bus terminal in Sao Paulo is at Barra Funda to Rio de Janeiro – Rodoviária Novo Rio
- Journey Time is 6 hours and 20 minutes
- Convecional Bus Tickets prices BRL 69.99, and for Leito it may possibly value about BRL 159.99
- Tickets could be bought on-line
- The route is from Sao Paulo – Tiete Bus Terminal to Rodoviária Novo Rio
- Schedules are on the image
- Convencional Bus Seats are about BRL 98.31 whereas it’s BRL 180.18 for Sleeper buses
Sao Paulo to Rio de Janeiro with a Cease
If you happen to suppose 6 hours is just too lengthy, regardless that with a cushty seat, then you may cease at a city. Although Paraty is a beautiful place, it’s fairly a protracted journey there. So if you wish to break down 6 hours into half, go to Lorena.
Lorena is a city in Sau Paulo. One good spot to see there may be the Serra da Bocaina Nationwide Park. You’ll be able to trip a bus through Cometa from Sao Paulo – Tiete to Lorena. Journey time is three hours through Convencional Seats costing BRL 57.14.
From Lorena, you may catch a bus to Rio de Janeiro. It would take four hours and can value about BRL 56 for an govt seat with Sampaio.
"Do you wanna know fares and rates to go there? We'll help you to find best price and deals from your fav agency"
Sao Paulo – Tiete Rio (Rodoviária Tiete)
Cruzeiro do Sul, 1800 – Santana
+ 55 (11) 3866-1100
Tiete Bus Station is the largest bus terminal in Latin America. Not solely have they got buses that may journey to cities in Brazil but additionally to different Latin American nations. There are additionally bathe cubicles within the terminal. A subway station can be linked right here.
São Paulo (Barra Funda) Bus Station
Auro Soares de Moura Andrade, 664 – Barra Funda
+55 (11) 3866-1100
The second busiest bus station in Sao Paul is Estacao Barra Funda. Greater than 30 bus corporations are working right here going to greater than 500 totally different locations within the nation. Additionally it is linked to Palmeiras Subway Station.
Rio de Janeiro Bus Terminal – Rodoviária Novo Rio
Tackle: Francisco Bicalho, 1 – Santo Cristo
+55 (21) 3213-1800
The principle Bus terminal in Rio is Rodovaria Novo Rio. There are a thousand routes with 145 interstate strains and 6 worldwide bus strains. You have to to trip one other bus to go to the closest subway station.
That’s how one can journey by bus from Sao Paulo to Rio de Janeiro. An hour flight from these cities would value the identical or perhaps dearer than a Lieto Seat. If you wish to save money and time, you may also attempt to have a visit through the evening at a semi-bed or govt – sleep comfortably on the bus and wake in a brand new metropolis!
Concerning the Author
Hey, I’m Lyza! I as soon as was an individual who simply imagined going to locations “someday” however determined to pursue my goals. My first journey overseas was in Japan, solo, final 2018, and fell in love with the expertise. I goal to go to 10 nations earlier than turning 30 and a pair of new locations within the Philippines yearly. Moreover touring, I really like organizing journeys, taking photos, studying, and making new mates. Observe my adventures by way of my Instagram.
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!