Are you planning to backpack in South East Asia? Effectively, you would possibly go to Laos and Vietnam. You’ll be able to journey to and from by land or air; whereas land journey could also be low-cost, it could actually price time. Learn our information on visa and border crossing Laos to Vietnam and vice versa.
Backpackers often journey by land from Laos to Vietnam. Not solely is it low-cost, however you’ll be able to see completely different spots as nicely. Nevertheless, there are cons like it could even take a day of journey somewhat than a 2-hour flight. Our information will allow you to on crossing borders in addition to visa necessities.
Laos – Vietnam Borders
- Sop Hun – TayTrang
- Na Maew– NậmXôi
- Nam Can – Nam Khan
- Nam Phao – Cau Treo
- Dansavanh – Lao Bảo
- Bo Y – Ngoc Hoi
- Cha Lo – Napao
Laos Airports permitting Foreigners to enter
- Luang Prabang Worldwide Airport – Luang Prabang
- Pakse Worldwide Airport – Champasak
- Savan Worldwide Airport – Savannakhet
- Wattay Worldwide Airport – Vientiane
Vietnam Airports permitting Foreigners to enter
- Cat Bi Int Airport – Hai Phong
- Cam RanhInt Airport – Khanh Hoa
- Can Tho Worldwide Airport – Can Tho
- Da Nang Worldwide Airport – Da Nang
- Noi Bai Worldwide Airport – Ha Noi
- Phu Bai Worldwide Airport – Phu Bai
- Phu Quoc Worldwide Airport – Phu Quoc
- Tan Son Nhat Worldwide Airport – Ho Chi Minh Metropolis
Crossing the Border to Laos
You will have to have a sound journey doc to cross borders from Vietnam to Laos. Take a look at if you’re visa-free, can get a visa-on-arrival, or eligible for an E-visa.
Listed below are the nationalities that don’t require a visa when getting into Laos, in addition to the corresponding variety of visa-free days:
Laos Visa on Arrival
Different nationalities can get a Visa on Arrival in Laos. It will price about USD 20 – 42, relying in your nationality. Visa on Arrival is sweet for 30 days solely. You should utilize the borders talked about above.
Nevertheless, these nationalities on this checklist must get an official letter of assure from the Overseas Affairs Ministry in Laos to get a Visa on Arrival.
If you wish to enter easily (no extra queuing on the visa-on-arrival line), then you will get an E-Visa upfront. Often, a passport and a four×6 photograph are wanted. It’s often given inside three working days after paying the price. You’ll be able to verify the corresponding charges right here.
These are the nationalities that may avail an EVisa for Laos:
Out there on the following borders (you’ll be able to verify updates right here):
- Wattay Worldwide Airport
- Luang Prabang Worldwide Airport
- Pakse Worldwide Airport
Apply Right here!
Crossing the Border to Vietnam
You will have to have a sound journey doc to cross borders from Laos to Vietnam. Take a look at if you’re visa-free or want an EVisa.
Listed below are the nationalities that don’t require a visa when getting into Vietnam, in addition to the corresponding variety of visa-free days:
"Do you wanna know fares and rates to go there? We'll help you to find best price and deals from your fav agency"
If you’re not eligible to enter Vietnam visa-free, you will have an EVisa. It’s good for 30 days with a single entry, identical to the Laos EVisa. You’ll be able to enter the visa borders acknowledged above. All nationalities can enter. Simply put together your passport, a four×6 photograph, and pay a visa price of USD 25. The processing time is three days.
Apply Right here!
Vientiane, Laos to Hanoi, Vietnam
- You’ll be able to trip at Vientiane Southern Station and arrive at Hanoi Nuo Ngam Station
- Cau Treo would be the border you’ll be passing at
- Journey time is 22 to 24 hours costing you USD 30-40
Vientiane, Laos to Vinh, Vietnam
- You’ll be able to trip a bus to Vinh, Vietnam that can take 10 – 12 hours, costing USD 20 – 25
Luang Prabang, Laos to Hanoi, Vietnam
- Sleeper buses can be found, costing USD 45 – 60
- Journey time is between 24 to 27 hours
Attapeu, Laos to Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
- Crossing the Bo Y border, trip a bus from Attapeu to Ngoc Hoi (three hours for USD 20 – 30)
- Then from Ngoc Hoi, trip a bus to Ho Chi Minh; it could take about 13 – 15 hours
Transportation Tip: When you’re in search of the most affordable strategy to ebook the Trains, Buses, Ferries, Transfers on this route, we use 12Go.Asia to match the costs!
Visa and Border Crossing Laos to Vietnam suggestions
- Search for those who want a visa at the least 5 days earlier than your deliberate crossing; some might require eVisas whereas there are a couple of nationalities that want to use at a Consulate or Embassy, so be sure you’ll have one earlier than you cross
- Verify the schedule of the buses, too. You’ll be able to ebook via a journey agent or get on-line like 12Go.Asia. It’s higher for those who arrive on the border throughout the early morning as others could also be closed for those who arrive at evening
- Learn critiques of the buses or transportation there in order that you already know what to anticipate
- Watch out for taxis with tampered meters
- If you’re touring by land, prepared your self for an extended journey (you might spend half a day or an entire day on the bus)
- Carry money as you would possibly must pay via native forex or in USD; there additionally may be individuals who will ask for bribes
That’s our visa and border crossing information – Laos to Vietnam. I hope this might be useful in your future journey there; it may be lengthy, however will probably be price it. Land journey is advisable for backpackers or price range vacationers; nevertheless, please notice that flights could also be costly and prevent time. Pleased journey!
Concerning the Author
Hey, I’m Lyza! I as soon as was an individual who simply imagined going to locations “sooner or later” however determined to pursue my goals. My first journey overseas was in Japan, solo, final 2018, and fell in love with the journey since. I’m aiming to go to 10 nations earlier than turning 30 and a couple of new locations within the Philippines yearly. Moreover touring, I like organizing journeys, taking footage, studying, and making new buddies. Observe my adventures via my Instagram.
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!