When considering New Zealand, with its multitude of fantastic actions, pure wonders, and beautiful surroundings, wine might not be the very first thing that leaps to thoughts.
Nevertheless, New Zealand has lengthy fostered a fancy relationship with wine, courting again centuries. The earliest vines have been planted right here again within the 1800s and kicked off the nation’s ongoing fascination with the artwork of winemaking. Because the fledgling viticulture business grew it started to collect worldwide recognition, totally bursting onto the world stage with the famend Sauvignon Blanc vintages of the 1980s.
New Zealand wines proceed to win worldwide acclaim and awards, bringing dwelling three trophies from the Worldwide Wine Problem in 2018.
Crafted with coronary heart
New Zealand’s love affair with the fruit of the vine continues as we speak and the business is flourishing, boasting greater than 2000 vineyards throughout the nation.
Whether or not you’re a devoted oenophile in search of the elegantly refined or an informal aficionado looking for the consummately quaffable, there’s a area, varietal, and classic to swimsuit. Wine trails, excursions, and occasions abound. From formal tastings and pairings to a glass and fun with shut pals, New Zealand is the right wine-lovers vacation spot.
1. Craggy Vary
Among the finest moments in New Zealand, Craggy Vary not solely has an inspirational cellar door however is famend for its excellent meals.
A pure expression of New Zealand nestled within the coronary heart of Hawke’s Bay, you may pattern choose glasses of their premium vintages paired with a rare eating expertise. Take pleasure in wonderful delicacies as you look out over the winery nestled in opposition to the spectacular backdrop of Te Mata Peak. Deepen the expertise with a keep amongst the vines in one of many vineyards’ boutique cottages or luxurious lodges.
Named the most effective vineyard in New Zealand the final two years operating, Amisfield displays the spirit and coronary heart of Central Otago.
Masters within the artwork of winemaking, the winery cultivates the nuances of its geography, climate, and soil to provide distinctive vintages that talk to the character of the area. Take a break and benefit from the luxurious but rustic ambiance of this important meals and wine vacation spot, as you get pleasure from true New Zealand hospitality and breath-taking surroundings and partake of contemporary regional elements crafted into culinary artistic endeavors.
three. Cloudy Bay
Embrace the unknown and luxuriate in a non-public tour of one of many first preeminent vineyards in Marlborough, the nation’s best wine area.
Cloudy Bay is obsessed with creating wine and its winemakers work hand-in-hand with nature to distil its character into fragrant and flavourful Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Noir vintages that categorical the most effective of the area. The cellar door, nestled within the Marlborough countryside is located proper on the vineyard and supplies an genuine New Zealand wine expertise.
Alternatively, go to their cellar door in Central Otago, overlooking the splendour of Lake Dunstan and the Southern Alps. Tour the winery and luxuriate in a tasting flight within the snug heat ambiance of the Cloudy Bay Shed or indulge within the breath-taking out of doors vistas as you savour the creations on provide.
four. Two Paddocks
Should you’re in search of a extra star-struck expertise, go to Two Paddocks, and discover the labour of affection created by actor and proprietor, Sam Neil.
This small family-owned winery in Central Otago is devoted to producing high quality natural wines that boast of New Zealand authenticity and elegance. Pinot Noir and Riesling are their ardour and you may go to certainly one of their 4 vineyards, one in every of the nice valleys of the area, and pattern wines crafted from the center and designed to be loved by household pals.
5. Tantalus Property
Take flight for an unique heli-wine expertise to Waiheke Island, and benefit from the sights of Auckland and the Hauraki Gulf from the air as you fly to the long-lasting vineyard at Tantalus Property.
"Do you wanna know fares and rates to go there? We'll help you to find best price and deals from your fav agency"
Located within the coronary heart of Waiheke Island’s wine nation, Tantalus Property produces wealthy advanced Bordeaux and Rhone-style reds excellent for cellaring. Spend the day wandering among the many vines, tasting the small-batch vintages, or get pleasure from wonderful delicacies within the ethereal gentle surrounds of the Tantalus Property Restaurant as you look out over the luxurious vineyards.
6. Queenstown Heli-wine Tasting
Take within the majestic surroundings of Queenstown and Central Otago with an unique wine journey within the alpine excessive nation.
Take pleasure in beautiful views as you soar over lovely valleys, rugged gorges, and snow-capped mountains and are transported on a wine tasting journey like no different. Contact right down to pattern native choices and picnic in distant alpine meadows as you bask in a non-public tasting surrounded by the pure fantastic thing about the area.
You possibly can wander away the crushed observe throughout your travels and nonetheless discover boutique vineyards and hidden gems that supply distinctive tastings and wine experiences. Along with the bigger, extra famend wine areas, there are lots of smaller areas scattered throughout the nation which can be well-known for his or her boutique vineyards. Every provides their very own particular be aware to the symphony of New Zealand winemaking.
- Uncover Nelson with its vibrant artwork and café tradition, lots of that are conveniently nestled inside a close-by cellar door. The compact measurement of this little area makes it straightforward to go to most wineries inside a day, even by bicycle.
- Christchurch and Canterbury pleasure themselves on their foodie tradition, and the fertile land and pure waterways yield some delectable fare. You’ll find meals and wine trails, culinary pairings, and gourmand delights dotting the area.
- Frolic alongside the ocean as you go to the sunny, heat shores of Northland, it’s virtually subtropical local weather and lengthy rising season yielding full-bodied wealthy wines, in each pink and white varietals.
- Examine the distinctive terroir of the Waitaki Valley in North Otago, the place the recent dry summers, chilly winters, and lengthy dry autumns mix with the limestone and complicated geology of the area to provide distinctive vintages that mirror their distinctive origin.
- Benefit from the heat local weather and sunny days of the Waikato and Bay of Lots, the place small pockets of vineyards dot the panorama, celebrating Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris, and Sauvignon Blanc.
- Many individuals overlook Wairarapa on their rush to Wellington and miss out on its heat character, charming cities, and boutique wineries. Fortunately this beautiful area is only a brief scenic drive from the capital, permitting guests to benefit from the wine actions, distinctive lodging, and excellent eating.
- Gisborne is the Chardonnay capital of New Zealand and is notable for its historical past – that is the place Captain Prepare dinner first stepped onto our shores in 1769. The area has a wealth of wineries inside a simple 15 minutes of town, which attracts guests seeking to loosen up and benefit from the laid-back beachy ambiance.
Made with ardour
Regardless of the place your adventures take you in New Zealand, there are vineyards, cellar doorways, and wine actions simply ready to be explored. Our love of wine and the artwork of winemaking shines by means of every little thing we do.
Whether or not you wish to spend the day immersing your self within the expertise as you hop from winery to winery, pop into that cellar door that calls to you from the roadside, bask in a fastidiously cultivated meals and wine pairing, or simply get pleasure from a pleasant bottle as you sit on the patio overlooking our beautiful surroundings we now have one thing to swimsuit each style and each palette.
Take the time, discover, and share our ardour for wine… its selection, and complexity… and its distinctive means to attach folks from all walks of life and convey them collectively, creating memorable experiences.
Veronika Vermeulen is Director of Aroha New Zealand Excursions Ltd. Aroha New Zealand Excursions Ltd. has been providing 100% tailor-made journeys and personal guided luxurious experiences in New Zealand since 2000.
If you want to be a visitor blogger on A Luxurious Journey Weblog with the intention to elevate your profile, please contact us.